Job Fair at SERV’s Middlesex Office!
Where: 491 S. Washington Ave
Piscataway, NJ 08854
When: Wednesday, November 15th
10am to 3pm
(Part- & Full-Time, Per-Diem Shifts) - Multiple Openings in Middlesex County, New Jersey.
Other names for this job include Home Health Aides, CNAs & Direct Support Professionals (DSPs)
Help make a difference in the lives of people living with Mental Illness (MI) by putting your abilities to good use! This is a great opportunity to start your career in human services with the potential for continued growth!
Competitive Benefits and Paid Training!
SERV, a well-established leader in behavioral healthcare in NJ, provides a wide range of quality residential and support services. We are in need of compassionate and caring individuals who would like to support our consumers in achieving greater independence and life satisfaction.
Open Positions with Qualifications
Nurses/RNs- full time
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
· Licensed to practice nursing in the state of New Jersey
· Current CPR/FA certificate
· Must be at least 21 years old
· Must be able to successfully complete a physical, drug screen and background check
· Valid driver’s license in state of residence and no more than 5 points on driving record
· Deliver professional care and services to SERV Centers consumers
· Utilize the nursing process documentation and communication skills to collaborate with physicians and other team members
· Accountable for leadership of staff as assigned, delegating and coordinating nursing care to ensure the best possible patient outcomes
· Provide staff and consumer training
· Oversee case management, provide medical assessments, monitor medical records, and administer medication
Residential Counselors- full time and part time
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in a mental health or other appropriate human services discipline OR a High School Diploma/GED plus 4 years of related work life experience
· OR a combination of 1 or more years of college and related work life experience which total 4 years
· If the Bachelor’s degree is not in the human services field, the candidate must have at least 1 year of related work life experience
· On-site direct behavioral health care services to the agency’s adult and geriatric clients
· Daily structure and coverage to the residence, which include supervision and assistance of clients with:
o Daily living skills
o Client care needs
o Case management
o Medication monitoring
o Transportation service
o Supportive counseling
o Crisis management
o Recreational and social activities
· Communication of all significant changes in clients’ behaviors and notable incidents to the appropriate team leader
Senior Residential Counselors
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline OR a license as a registered nurse, or a combination of one or more years of college, plus related work or life experience together equaling four years.
· The individual is required to have at least one year of related work or life experience if the four-year college education does not meet the requirements of the educational majors mentioned above.
· In addition to the above, the candidate must have one year experience in a residential setting.
· Provide program development and administration for behavioral health care services to the agency’s adult clients through the provision of Client Care Services, a demonstrated knowledge of medications and monitoring procedures, residential counseling skills, crisis prevention and intervention, proper documentation procedures, the ability to be a member of a treatment team, facility management, scheduling, administrative supervision, staff training and orientation and individual services coordination.
· Residential Site Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring a safe, therapeutic environment and adhering to all safety standards, Federal and State regulations and corporate policies.
· Carries site pager as required. Performs other duties as from time-to-time, be deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
Come Join Us Now!
SERV is an Equal Opportunity Employer